Isn’t your Honda S2000 exhaust giving the right type of performance? The stock one is fine but you can always go beyond that.
I am here to share my knowledge on the best s2000 exhaust according to your specific requirements. You just need the right one that performs well with the 1997cc engine.
As a vehicle aficionado, I can tell you the facts on the real performances. To make up for their shortcomings, it’s only a whim of interest on my side to inquire. To achieve it, one must have a deep desire. When you are in love with your wheels, you will go to tremendous lengths to make them even more appealing to others.
Consider making a few changes to the exhaust system of your vehicle after reading this article. There are a variety of options to explore. There are, however, some more options to take into consideration.
At a Glance Product List
|Invidia HS00HS1GTT||1. CNC machined Flanges
2. Medical Grade Titanium tip
3. Triple airflow grooves
4. Integrated heat fins
5. Suits with models 2000-2009
|Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025||1. CNC mandrel bending
2. T-304 stainless steel cat-back
3. Skunk2 removable silencer
4. Improved exhaust gas flow
5. Fit for all models from 2000 – 2009
|Morakot Racing||1. Professional Installation required
2. 5-inch pipe diameter and 5 inch muffler tip diameter
3. Super lightweight
4. Muffler tube is T304 5 inch stainless steel racing muffler
5. Best fit for 2000-2009
|Yonaka Catback||1. Smooth stainless steel polished
2. Mandrel-bent cat-back pipe
3. 3″ mandrel-bent pipe
4. 5″ stainless steel
5. Compatible for Honda S2000 (2000-2005)
|Auto Dynasty Catback||1. T-304 stainless steel made 4 inches muffler
2. TIG-welded CNC machine flange
3. Deep humming and smooth tone sound
4. Larger pipe, low restriction muffler
5. Suits with Honda S2000 models from 00-03
About Honda S2000
The elegant appearance of Honda’s S2000 grabbed the automobile world by storm when it was unveiled at the 1995 Tokyo auto show to commemorate the company’s 50th anniversary.
Honda established their imprint on the roadster world, and it’s simple to understand why with 9,000rpm and 240 horsepower blasted out of their lightest chassis, it was an immediate hit.
One of the coolest things regarding bolt-on upgrades like exhausts is that if you want to save the vehicle’s value, you can easily remove the item and restore the car to its original state. Meanwhile, this no-brainer improvement will improve your appearance, performance, and sound.
Although our S2000 turbo and turbo engine guides can help you unleash up to 700hp from your S2000 when going full retard, I strongly recommend you do so if you’re thinking about going full retard. To help you select the best S2000 exhaust for your Honda, read this.
Best 5 S2000 Exhaust
Not all the available exhaust is the right fit for your S2000. You have to find the right one that fits your car model, first identify which model you have from 2000 to 2009.
I have shortlisted the best 5 S2000 exhaust here those I have experienced and used in several models. Come on, let me give you more details on them.
Invidia (HS00HS1GTT) N1 is a single layer cat-back exhaust that gives increased mileage and is easy to install. The HS00HS1GTT is a super cool exhaust edition by Invidia.
This exhaust is a Cat-back with a single layer of Titanium tip that ensures improved airflow. Brand Invidia offers this product with high-quality manufacture.
This exhaust produces a boost of torque and horsepower in the first evolution Honda S2000. Which also offers an increased rate in mileage.
This brand new exhaust is way too handy with a polished finish. Indeed, this is the best evolution in the exhaust market so far.
- Fuel Economy: Fuel economy is a notable benefit from the installation of an Invidia cat-back system exhaust. The cat-back system with triple airflow grooves lets the engine eliminate exhaust fumes easily. The decreased friction minimises the gear on the engine and thus less fuel consumption happens. With that exhaust, fuel economy increases on highways and town roads.
- Diameter: The piping diameter of the Invidia (HS00HS1GTT) N1 exhaust is 70mm. And the tip diameter is 101mm.
- Sound: The exhaust ahead through a catalytic converter. So anything past this converter is considered the cat-back heads back from the cat. So the resonator is attached to the catalytic converter and travels through this which will cancel out a portion of noise. So it’s not louder like a lot of aftermarket exhausts out there.
- Extra Torque: This exhaust consists of a single-layer cat-back system. That’s why it offers 2 to 3 percent of the increase in torque, horsepower, and fuel mileage. There are a huge number of satisfied buyers who liked this feature most.
- Titanium Tip: The titanium tip allows a high level of airflow. Thus, into the chamber integrated heat fins keep the elements cooler. This tip is also well finished and best for heat deferment. Very handy.
- Easy To Install: Most of the users admit that this exhaust is very handy and easy to install. Just some ratchets and a few jack stands make the install done. Hassle-free installation would recommend purchasing.
Technical Specs Of Invidia HS00HS1GTT:
- CNC machined Flanges
- Mandrel-bent tubing
- Medical Grade Titanium tip
- Triple airflow grooves
- Integrated heat fins
- Suits with Honda S2000 models from 2000-2009
- Most suitable and budget-friendly exhaust
- Boosts high torque
- Extra horsepower and mileage
- Lower rumble
- Medical grade titanium tip
- Heat adjustment
- Annoying ground drones issue
MegaPower Exhaust is famous for fuel, performance, absolute sound quality, and better build quality vehicles. This exhaust system features 60mm piping that is best fitted for slightly adjusted engines.
Skunk2 is enriched with a full line of MegaPower Exhausts. A remarkable lineup includes 60mm Megapower systems for a variety of cars’ racing experiences.
Skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust is based on the systems that are custom-built for our road racing and time seizure vehicles when described in relate-about priced systems.
- Fuel Economy: The most sealing features of this Japanese spec are, it generates extra horsepower. It optimises engine airflow and releases the backpressure for the engine high compression.
- Diameters: User experience with Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025 MegaPower Exhaust System admits that it consists of application-specific tubing lengths. Diameter of 60mm inch piping. And a polished muffler is mixed to a 110mm polished tip.
- Sounds: The MegaPower exhaust drones inside. And it has ultimately racing friendly sound output. There is also a Skunk2 removable silencer for a better experience.
- Racing Headers: Skunk2’s 60mm MegaPower Exhaust system is developed with more than 15 years worth of racing experience. Specifically for 00-09 S2000 Honda’s road racing and time attack vehicles. Naturally suited for forced induction applications.
Technical Specs Of Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025:
- CNC mandrel bending
- T-304 stainless steel cat-back
- Forced induction applications
- High compression
- Low-restriction racing muffler
- High-flow intake manifold
- Skunk2 removable silencer
- Improved exhaust gas flow
- Increased wave scavenging effects
- Fit for all models from 2000 – 2009
- Best quality exhaust for uninterrupted flow.
- Ramps up HP quick.
- Ultimate sound comparably price system
- Best suited for lightly modified engines
- increased wave scavenging effect
- But it’s rumbly loud
3. Fit 2000-2009 Honda S2000 2.5 Inch Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust System 3.5 Inch Muffler Tip
Fit 2000-2009 muffler tip exhaust that is manufactured by Morakot Racing is a convenient hardware part of the cat-back exhaust system.
It’s like an upgrade while attached to a vehicle at the same time with a resonator. It has a much better sound. It generates lower auto exhaust backpressure torque.
Moreover, the 2.5-inch stainless cat-back exhaust with a 3.5-inch muffler not just offers a tip-top glace but also improves upon the restrictive factory system.
It builds horsepower, free up trapped torque and a better sound experience.
- Sound: This 2.5-inch stainless steel cat back exhaust system has forceful deep Sound while ensuring smooth exhaust gas flow. Users by experience admitted that it has wonderfully designed resonators to meet sound level standards.
- Fuel Economy: Designed for high performance with a built-in resonator to optimise high RPM power. So the racing speed gains more horsepower with an average of 15-20 extra HP.
- High performance: What a great combination with larger pipes, low-restriction mufflers, and tuned resonators! All with its feature combines a high-performance exhaust system. This exhaust model adds a huge convenience to Honda S2000 vehicles.
Technical Specs Of Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025:
- Best fit for 2000-2009 Honda S2000
- Professional Installation required
- Dimension of the exhaust 43 × 12 × 21 inches
- Exhaust has a 2.5-inch pipe diameter and 5-inch muffler tip diameter
- Super lightweight
- The muffler tube is T304 5 inch stainless steel racing muffler
- Improves turbo response with high RPM
- Generates lower back pressure in the engine
- Ensures smooth exhaust gas flow
- Well finished stainless steel; polished look
- A deep throaty rumble tone sometimes echoes
4. Yonaka 3″ Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust Compatible/Replacement for 2000-2005 Honda S2000 S2K
The Yonaka 3″ stainless steel Catback exhaust is considered the best quality exhaust by the market condition.
The Yonaka brand has enrolled this exhaust as one of the best editions in the list of cat-back systems.
Its Catback system offers a good sound standard. This replacement is way too easy to install. And exhaust provides fuel economy which is convenient to drive.
This exhaust is a hardware tool that is a perfect replacement for Honda 2000-2005 series.
- Sound: This 3″ stainless steel cat-back exhaust is very convenient and its sound is not too loud if the cat-back is added with a factory catalytic converter. Great performance!
- Diameter: This Yonaka Catback exhaust system as motorsport is a quality product for The Honda(2000-2005) the 2000s. This hardware features a 3-inch diameter of mandrel bent piping. Also with a 5-inch polished stainless steel tip.
- Fuel Economy: The decreased friction minimises the gear on the engine and thus less fuel consumption happens. The exhaust also releases the back pressure from the engine.
- Easy installation: The Yonaka 3″ stainless steel cat-back exhaust system is included with all installation hardware. So there is no extra hassle to face in this section.
- Budget-Friendly: So many users have admitted that the Yonaka Catback exhaust system is definitely worth the money. It’s user-friendly, fuel-efficient, stylish and price worthy. Overall, pretty satisfying.
Technical Specs Of Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025:
- Catback exhaust
- Compatible for Honda S2000 (2000-2005)
- Smooth stainless steel polished
- Mandrel-bent cat-back pipe
- 3″ mandrel-bent pipe
- 5″ stainless steel
- Reasonable price
- High-quality performance
- Easy installation
- Direct bolt-on fit
- Produces irritating mid range raspy sound
- Require rubber hanger which cause extra cost.
5. 4 Inches Muffler Tip Catback Exhaust System Compatible with Honda S2000 AP1 F20C 00-03
That 4 inches muffler tip catback exhaust is another super convenient product for Honda S2000 AP1 F20C 00-03 vehicle. Also, considered one of the great cat back systems for building horsepower.
People experience that 4″ muffler tips exhaust is very functional about improving restrictive factory systems and trapped out torque.
Despite having installation difficulties, this Cat Back exhaust is damn handy for emitting auto backpressure. An increased horsepower, more torque, and also better sound standardised this product.
- Fuel Economy: And it provides fuel economy through more horsepower and more torque. This product is the best fitment for Honda S2000 AP1 F20C that suits the 00-03 models.
- Diameter: This Catback exhaust muffler tip has 4 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches inlet/outlet diameter.
- Sound: This 4″ muffler tip Catback exhaust system ensures smooth exhaust gas flow. Thus it provides an aggressive deep and smooth tone sound.
- Solid Performance: By countless users’ experience, this cat-back system is the most commonly chosen exhaust system. It features solid performance and sound gains. It saves the extra expenses of buying a catalytic converter.
Technical Specs Of Skunk2 Racing 413-05-2025:
- Mandrel-bent muffler
- T-304 stainless steel made 4 inches muffler
- A whole package of 22.5 lbs weight
- 49 x 16 x 8 inches dimensions
- TIG-welded CNC machine flange
- Deep humming and smooth tone sound
- Larger pipe, low restriction muffler
- Solid performance and sound gains
- Improves restrictive factory system
- Providing advantages of Catalytic converter
- Emitting auto back pressure from engine
- improve upon restrictive factory systems
- Budget-Friendly exhaust system.
- Product installation is difficult.
Buying Guide- Honda S2000 Exhaust
If you’re fortunate enough to possess Honda’s renowned two-seater roadster. Maybe are thinking about buying one, an aftermarket exhaust should surely be a must thing to do.
There are different models available for S2000 exhaust from 2000 to 2009. So when you are buying, you have to check the model as well.
I believe the S2K does have the possibility to become a modern classic. Now that manufacturing has halted and costs are more affordable than ever. For your convenience, I have categorized them. Whatever the brand you go for, be sure that will fit your S2K model.
These exhausts are well-made, as seen by their appearance. As previously stated, gains are only possible with the use of supporting modifications. Typically they are 2.5 inches. But the smaller the size the lighter the back of the car gets.
Some exhaust systems are a bargain for the price. Like most other alternatives in this price range, it’s made of stainless steel and TIG welded robotically. It is a worthy choice too. So when you are choosing an exhaust, look for the materials they are made of. Because it will significantly upgrade the performance.
There are generally two types of exhaust. Single exit and dual exit. You can go for the one that suits your taste more. Due to the fact that they contain two exhaust manifolds, dual exit pipes are best adapted to V-configuration engines.
Easy to set up
The exhaust you are going to buy for your S2000 is naturally aspirated. For your part, you want to find an item that’s easy to set up and remove from your vehicle. It is a simple process. You might want to consider that too. Because sometimes installation can be a real hassle.
These exhausts are well-made, as seen by their appearance. From the sound output to proper engine performance and airflow, it should manage all issues. As previously stated, gains are only possible with the use of supporting modifications. As I have mentioned about 5 models, they are perfect suits for the models from 2000 to 2009.
Most enthusiasts, let’s admit it, would like a custom exhaust system for the sound. Performance figures and dyno charts that seem nicer are merely a bonus.
Check out the following exhaust choices if you desire a better sound above all else. You will find some models that are some of the loud roaring exhausts for your S2K.
Cheap does not always imply ineffectively. Exhaust systems are available in a variety of designs, sizes, and costs. There are several reasonably priced exhausts on the market that are fairly nice.
Consider the following choices if you’re on a budget and still want a slightly elevated exhaust for your Honda S2000. Among several models, some of the most affordable and value-for-money exhausts.
You want an exhaust that has it all: longevity, performance, and unmatched quality. That’s precisely what the titanium tip exhaust system provides. That brings us to the end of our list.
There is a lot to choose from. If you are going to invest in it, make you are spending on the right thing. Don’t just rush and spend unnecessarily.
Why Should You Upgrade Your Exhaust?
An upgraded exhaust will undoubtedly free up some horsepower. But to know the difference, you’ll really have to invest in additional performance tweaks. Aftermarket S2000’s exhaust systems offer easier pipe layouts.
You need a fewer curve, and a lighter overall design. This gives for a cleaner, freer channel for the flue gas to exit. Add a check pipe into the mix and you will feel a substantial change in power.
How to Find the Best Honda S2000 Performance Exhaust Systems
Having a broad range of finances, styles, and tastes in mind here are hand-picked some of the loudest s2000 exhausts that may possibly fit up your alley? We’ve sorted the list on how they sounds, how work, and some low-budget possibilities too.
If this question entered your mind prior to actually reading this post. Then visitors are on the correct route. Many S2000 owners ask why the car was coming with twin outlet exhaust pipes from the factory. It is something to reflect with Invidia N1 that will suit your car perfectly.
Honda has a long history of excelling in the field of engineering. Why, therefore, would a four-banger with one exhaust manifold have a dual-outlet exhaust? Isn’t it more logical to have only one pipe? Since V-configuration motors have exhaust systems chambers.S2000 dual exhausts are best adapted for them.
Instead of a single line that has been rerouted to seem like tubing, applications like this would normally have two distinct pipes. Individuals are left with an open place above your rear spoiler if you went with a pipe connecting with such a high-performance exhaust muffler.
Now, consider adding a new dispersion or refabricating it to make it look as though it was designed for a single pipe.
What is the proper way to install an exhaust on a Honda S2000?
Engage the rear differential and raise the vehicle as high as possible with a floor jack and a floor jack. To stabilize the vehicle, place the jack stands in front of the back wheels and beneath the frame rails. To begin, take off both of your back tires.
After that, lubricate the three spark plug bolts with liquid wrenches, PB busters, or WD-40 to prevent them from corroding. The stock system should be disconnected from the rear catalytic converter flange.
You can use liquid soap or WD-40 to loosen the rubber hinges, as well as the steel rods to which they are attached if they become stuck. Make certain that the bolts on the exhaust as well as those on the car are properly oiled.
What is the weight of the exhaust system on a Honda S2000?
When they are brand new, Honda s2000 exhausts weigh approximately 50 pounds each.
How do you know which S2000 exhaust system is considered to be the best of the best?
The best S2000 exhaust available on the market today is the DTS-I equipped. By utilizing tone modification and multi-layer sound suppression features. It is simple to create a low-key atmosphere. Aside from that, the appearance of your S2000 will be enhanced as a result of this exhaust
What is the best exhaust size to use on a Honda S2000, and what should be avoided?
60mm in diameter, or slightly larger than 2.5 inches, is the recommended diameter for Honda S2000 exhausts.
Approximately how many exhaust hangers are there on the Honda S2000 in total?
On three different Honda S2000 models, exhaust hangers can be found in the exhaust system.
I have compiled a list of the best S2000 exhaust systems currently available on the market and reviewed them. You can find an exhaust to meet every demand you may have. I strongly suggest that you ignore the modest horsepower increases between alternatives. And instead, choose the exhaust that you like in terms of appearance and sound.