Exhaust helps your car by:
- Controlling noise
- Direct exhaust fumes away from passengers
- Improve the performance of the engine
- Improve fuel consumption
And, if somehow the exhaust got spoiled, simply it can’t process these which will make the engine to collapse.
If you use a bad exhaust system it would directly affect the above-mentioned points which will ultimately lead to-
- Decreased mileage
- Lower performance
I researched for a tremendous amount of time to compare different exhausts by specific user satisfaction points. And came up with the best exhaust for Honda Accord V6.
If you want to learn them all and want to take a data-backed decision, keep reading until the end.
At a Glance Product List
|ECCPP Exhaust System||Dimension: 28.74 x 12.4 x 11.42 inches
Weight: 19.91 pounds
Fits vehicles: 1.8L-2.0L engine
Pipe diameter: 5 inches
Length: 27-1/2 inches
Muffler diameter: 1-1/2 inches
|BORLA 11840||Weight: 28 pounds
Fit type: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Material: Stainless steel
|Auto Dynasty||Weight: 62 pounds
Fit type: 94-97
Muffler Tip Type: Rounded Tip
Muffler Material: Stainless steel
|MagnaFlow Cat-Back||Dimensions :49 x 14.13 x 24.75 inches
Weight: 62 pounds
Fit type: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Muffler Material: Stainless steel
|Tsudo Exhaust||Dimensions :53 x 25 x 8 inches
Weight: 60 pounds
Fit type: 2013-2014
Muffler Material: T304/SUS304 stainless steel
Things To Consider
Before choosing an exhaust for your car, first, you should know how exhaust works, what it does, and its importance.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to take the heavy lifting, let me explain.
Exhaust is a device used in vehicles to pass away all the harmful air from the engine.
When your engine burns gas to power your car, the exhaust system emits water vapor, unburned fuel, and acidic contaminants.
By converting exhaust to carbon dioxide and water vapor, the catalytic converter removes most of the pollutants from the exhaust.
Engine produces unhealthy toxins since it runs on gas. Nevertheless, the catalytic converter converts most of the toxins into less harmful byproducts, such as carbon dioxide and water vapor.
In the exhaust system, the combination of an exhaust manifold and a tailpipe can obviously improve the exhaust efficiency because of a series of five primary parts such as a sensor, a muffler, a converter, and a manifold and a series of gaskets.
With the exhaust manifold and tailpipe working together, the driver will be entranced by the soft and gentle sound, which can provide an exciting driving experience.
So, now you should have realized how important exhaust for cars is. So, here’s what to consider to figure out which is the best exhaust for honda accord V6.
In this review, I’ll break down everything so that you can make a rational decision and match the above criteria.
AutoHond’s Top Choice
If you trust us and don’t want to invest your precious time here, rely on us to choose yours.
- Best Overall: MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
- Best Budget-Friendly: BORLA 11853 Rear Section Exhaust system
1. ECCPP Exhaust System For Accord 3.0 V6
ECCPP (TL CL J30A1) Exhaust System V6 is built with high-quality T304 Stainless Steel Material.
If you need a cheap exhaust manifold replacement, this model will fit the bill. It is made from stainless steel that is strong and flexible but firm enough to stay in place without a problem.
This replacement manifold comes in a variety of colors and will fit multiple vehicle applications. If you are looking for an exhaust system replacement that has superior quality and low cost, this product is the way to go. The only problem with it is that it is made from a fairly stiff material.
This can sometimes cause problems when installing the replacement exhaust manifold in your vehicle. You may have to apply some extra force in order to get it to fit properly. Other than that, this is a quality product that should serve you well for a long time.
In this section, you will learn about the features, Benefits, specifications of ECCPP (TL CL J30A1). And, at the bottom of the section, I’d share the pros and cons of the product so that you can get a clear picture of the product.
Product Specification ECCPP (TL CL J30A1) Exhaust System
- Brand: ECCPP
- Model number: 105200-5211-1751551372
- Product Weight:19.91 pounds
- Fit type: For Accrod 3.0 V6 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and For Manifolds 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
- Product dimension: 28.74 x 12.4 x 11.42 inches
- Fits vehicles with a 1.8L-2.0L engine
- Pipe diameter: 5 inches
- Length: 27-1/2 inches
- Muffler diameter: 1-1/2 inches
- 1.75 Piping Diameter with Flex Pipe Insertion for Flexibility and Durability.
- O2 Sensor Bung Insertion and Metal Gasket Included
- Increase High Flow Air, Instantly Gain 10 -15 Hp. / Tq.
- 6-2-1 High-Performance Racing Spec. Design
- Durability and Safety: High-Temperature Inoxidizability Increase service life.
- OE Specified Design ensures anti-deformation and anti-cracking this exhaust system.
- Its high-pressure TIG Welded CNC flange provides improved performance.
- Sound: As the exhaust system contributes most of the noise in a car, this is the feature car owners must give into consideration.
So, if you’re like me who hate loud noise, you’d definitely choose an exhaust system that makes a low sound. And, luckily this is the exhaust system that can reduce noise by up to 35% than any other typical exhaust system. Isn’t that great?
- Fuel Economy: Buying a car requires lots of money at a time. But, using a car costs you a constant amount of money. And, most of your money would go into buying fuel. That said, it’s crucial to know about fuel economy.
So, what is the fuel economy? In simple terms, fuel economy implies how long your car can run in terms of fuel usage. Fuel economy is largely determined by the car engine.
Different engines require different amounts of fuel to run. And, here comes the other inter-connected parts of the engine into play. There is a correlation between a good exhaust system and fuel economy.
Thanks to ECCPP’s advanced airflow and lower friction system fuel consumption rates are low which gives you a boost in mileage.
- Easy To Install: If you’re a DIY guy, this should be one of your top concerns. But, the good news is installing ECCPP (TL CL J30A1) Exhaust System is fairly simple.
If you have no previous experience with the removal and installation of exhaust manifolds, we suggest that you consult the manual provided by the manufacturer. If you are good at dealing with wiring, the process is even easier.
This is because the wiring is made on the chassis, and the ECCPP Exhaust System 6 Replacement Exhaust Manifolds for 98-02 For Accord are connected directly to the engine via the exhaust manifold.
- Service: The provider provides excellent and professional after-sales repairing service. If there is a problem, whether it is a product problem, an order problem, an address replacement, or a purchase error, you can send them an email and they will make sure to resolve the problem.
- Best overall exhaust system for honda accord v6
- Provide high mileage
- First-rate service
- OE specified design provides anti-deformation and anti-cracking
- High service life
- Improves throttle response
- Provided high horsepower
- High resistance to temperature and oxidation
- Fitting is not easy.
2. BORLA 11840 Rear Section Exhaust (2013-2017)
Borla 11840 rear section exhaust is a great choice for buyers whose budget is tight yet also don’t want to compromise on quality and durability.
Made from high-quality austenitic stainless steel, this exhaust system for Honda Accord will turn your Honda Accord into a supercar with a quiet and deep cool sound that doesn’t make excessively loud or raspy noise.
And, wait! You will be amazed to know this exhaust comes with a million miles warranty.
- Manufacturer: Borla
- Weight: 28 pounds
- Made In: United States
- Fit type: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 20 Pounds
- Durability And Service Life: BORLA 11840 rear section exhaust is a mirror Made From High-Quality austenitic Stainless Steel.
Patented heat-shield technology makes this exhaust pipe virtually unbreakable, even under extreme acceleration situations which definitely increases service life.
- Sound: If you are just looking for an exhaust system for better sound, then close your eyes and get this one. The amazing sound system of the Honda Accord V6 is perfect for car owners who love loud and soft sounds.
- Extra Torque: Ensure High-Velocity manufacturers the fastest machinery on the market.
- Installation: You can install this exhaust yourself with some basic tools.
- High velocity and torque
- Custom-designed large diameter piping
- Higher lifespan
- Great rumble
- Easy to install
- Price is a bit high
3. Auto Dynasty Honda Accord V6 Catback Exhaust System (94-97)
This high-performance exhaust system is made of the T-304 exhaust system with TIG-welded CNC machine flange. The exhaust also boasts a Catback system which gives buttery smooth noise sure to soothe your ear.
So, if you want an exhaust that amazingly performs and sounds great you should buy this exhaust now.
Caution: Non-CARB Compliant, Not Legal for Use in California Emission Models. But, the best part is its legal in 50 states.
If you’re interested in this product and want to dig dive, let’s get started.
- Manufacturer: Auto Dynasty
- Weight: 62 pounds
- Fit type: 94-97
- Muffler Tip Type: Rounded Tip.
- Muffler Material: Stainless steel
- Durability: This item is made of T-304 stainless steel which means Muffler Burnt Tip Catback Exhaust System, is highly corrosion-resistant. That means if you get this system you won’t have to worry about corrosion. Besides, T-304 has good machinability, so you can enhance it whenever you want.
Do you know what flange functions in your car’s exhaust? The flange is a small part that connects an exhaust manifold to an exhaust pipe. If the flange doesn’t fit your exhaust pipe and manifold, you may experience an exhaust leak.
A lot of flanges come with a rubber gasket to create a seal. As you tighten the flange with the gasket, the rubber will be squeezed and create a seal.
Muffler Burnt Tip Catback exhaust system is made of TIG-welded CNC machine flange which can create high resistance against pressure and corrosion.
With that being said, this exhaust is a really durable exhaust system.
- Sound: You will love the sound produced by this exhaust system which ensures smooth exhaust gas flow while producing an aggressive, unique, and deep tone thanks to its catback airflow system.
- Fuel economy: I already mentioned what fuel economy is in a previous section. So, you know the importance. This exhaust uses a catback system which improves airflow. And, if an engine gets improved airflow, it won’t have to work as hard as before to eliminate exhaust fumes.
If the engine doesn’t need to work that hard, it would consume less fuel. And, thus the catback system saves fuel, increases fuel economy, and provides you with better mileage.
- Horsepower And Performance: Cat-back exhaust systems help ensure a maximum amount of horsepower and torque is produced by the vehicle.
Cat-backs have a larger diameter than standard mufflers; the open design allows for free airflow. Additionally, the cat-back piping is made from a high-grade shaft to ensure a smooth flow of air.
- Use a Catback airflow system
- Wonderful sound
- Easy to install
- Slightly expensive
- Bad burnt smell
This exhaust got 4.2 ratings and 17 reviews on Amazon with no negative reviews.
Isn’t that impressive?
4. MagnaFlow Accord V6 Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System
If you are looking for the best exhaust system without thinking twice and don’t need to worry about the performance, durability, installation, mileage at a low price- this is a perfect exhaust for you.
In this section, I’d share about the exhaust system in detail and if you’re interested to learn more about the product let’s dive in.
- Brand: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products
- Fit type: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Enhanced performance: MegnaFlow Cat-back performance exhaust is weight-optimized. This allows its dyno-proven performance.
During the research and development process, MagnaFlow uses state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology to ensure that this exhaust system will fit and perform better than the original equipment. Also, based on factory calibration, this exhaust is designed to maximize power.
- Durability: This exhaust is constructed using stainless steel tubing which is guaranteed superior strength and durability.
- Street series feature: Exhaust systems from MagnaFlow’s Street Series are designed for the customer who is seeking an entry-level system with a powerful sound and a sleek look.
Some of the key features of the edition are:
- Robotic manufacturing using CNC technology.
- High-quality components and state-of-the-art technology.
- MagnaFlow performances with a deep sound.
- Fuel economy: Fuel economy is crucial you already know. The exhaust system plays important role in fuel consumption.
The better the exhaust system is, the less fuel the engine would consume. MagnaFlow exhaust uses a Catback system which ensures the best airflow and which minimizes fuel consumption as well as increases mileage.
- Sound: MagnaFlow produces smooth, aggressive, and deep sound thanks to its catback airflow system. Also, this exhaust comes with an AEM cold air intake and makes it sound even better.
It includes all necessary parts for installation and features mandrel-bent tubing that provides the smoothest exhaust flow thus nice deep sound!
- Fits well
- Easy to install
- Sounds great
- Reasonable price
- Lifetime construction warranty
- Not cheap.
5. Tsudo Honda Accord V6 Exhaust
If you’re looking for a low budget with a decent performance exhaust system that makes fairly good sound then you should consider getting this.
If you’re interested and want to learn more about this product, then read on.
- Brand: Tsudo performance
- Fit type: 13-17
- Material: Stainless steel
- Durability: The durability of J-pipe exhaust is beyond question. This product is manufactured from T-304 stainless steel which means it would be highly corrosion resistant.
Not only that, J-pipe exhaust also uses CNC machined mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing that ensures maximum exhaust flow.
- Performance: This exhaust uses the latest tech to reduce weight and improve horsepower, torque, throttle response and fuel mileage.
- Sound: Upon my usage, I found it sounds amazing yet it’s not up to the par of many peoples’ satisfaction levels.
So, I’d suggest if you want great sound, you should consider an exhausting use catback system like Muffler Burnt Tip Catback Exhaust System.
- Extra Torque: This exhaust is also enhanced to provide extra torque and also, I found so.
- Fuel economy: If you are concerned about the mileage I’d have to say that this won’t be a good choice since there are better alternatives to this like MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust.
- Fits very well.
- Satisfactory performance based on price.
- Sound may not be satisfactory.
- Is the Honda Accord V6 fast?
Yes, the Honda Accord V6 is comparatively faster than its previous models. Although that’s not the fastest car.
- How long does a Honda V6 engine last?
You can get a different life from different V6s. If you are talking about turbo V6s on NSX, I would say 150–200k before major maintenance is required. With proper maintenance, the V6 used in Pilot, Odyssey, and Acura will last more than 200-300k miles.
- What is a popular exhaust system for a Honda Accord V6?
There are lots of good exhaust systems for a Honda Accord V6. But, two of the most popular are the MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System and Borla 140786 S Type Exhaust System.
I have compiled a list of the best exhaust for Honda accord v6 currently available on the market and reviewed them.
You can find an exhaust to meet every demand you may have. I strongly suggest choosing a budget-friendly BORLA 11853 Rear Section Exhaust system over others.
To me, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System is a great choice in terms of cost, features, performance, and anything!